Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Tutt Library Federal Documents
|| Federal Depository Government Publications:
- CC receives about 1/3 of materials from the Government Printing Office since 1880
- organized according to the Superintendent of Documents classification system
- located in Tutt Garden Level (paper including some maps), Creekside (paper,
microfiche, and maps), and the Map Room, 4th floor (maps)
- over 85% cataloged in TIGER;
Prospector also contains government documents you can request
- use special indexes, catalogs, bibliographies and guides, and online sources to access
historic documents in the collection not yet cataloged
- government departments and agencies provide much of their information on the Internet
CC's Historical Collection (paper, microfiche, and maps) is particularly strong in publications of the Congress, Smithsonian Institution, Census Bureau, Interior - particularly the USGS, Labor, State, some areas of Agriculture and Treasury and surveys of the west (Haycen, Powell, Wheeler, King and Pacific Railroad).
Build a comprehensive HathiTrust digital collection of federal documents distributed in print format by the Government Publishing Office as part of the Federal Depository Library Program.
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu