Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing Congressional Documents
Congressional Universe for Federal materials, from as early as 1789
- summaries of bills,
- House and Senate documents and reports,
- Public Laws, 1789-
- Committee Hearings, 1965-
Tutt Library has Federal Congressional materials, check the CC catalog
- Committee Prints and some reports
Congressional publications may be available on the Internet.
Other Guides to look at:
- data from offical legislative sites of all 50 states and Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico
Congressional Universe This link opens in a new window
Congressional and legislative information
- reports, documents, hearings, laws, etc.
Information about Congressional members
- voting records, addresses, etc.
CQ library This link opens in a new window
Coverage: Nov. 1991 - current
- weekly publication covers the most current and controversial issues of the day
- with complete summaries and bibliographies
- insight into all sides of the issues
Bills and Statutes (Govinfo)
Coverage :usually mid-1990s forward
– key publications from the government
- includes: Congressional materials, budget, reports, agency regulations, etc
Congress.gov This link opens in a new window
Coverage: 1967 - current
Federal legislative information:
- bills, resolutions,
- Congressional Record,
- schedules, calendars, committee information,
- Presidential Nominations,
- treaties and government resources
House of Representatives
- legislative information, members, committees, and organizations and to other U.S. government resources.