Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
- Catalog: books, e-books, government documents, special collections materials, music and films
- owned by Tutt Library and Sealy Music Library
- Request items in the catalog record with your Gold Card
- Prospector gives you access to collections of 22 regional libraries
- Delivery Time for Prospector: 3-5 business days
Best Bets for Databases
Political Science Complete
- global scope
- journals, reference books, monographs and conference papers
Academic Search Complete
Coverage: 1865 - current
- extensive full text access to journals
- subject coverage is general and broad.
World Factbook (CIA)
- news and history
- people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military
- 267 world entities, Country comparisions
Ciao: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Journal articles and papers
Coverage: 1915 - current
- Articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, and statistical directories
- international coverage of public affairs
Coverage: 1967 - current
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development publications
- Books, journals, working papers, statistics
International - other
Coverage: 1967 - current
- world history (see also: _America, History and Life_ for North American coverage).
Social Sciences Abstracts With Full Text
Coverage: 1983 - current.
- International, English-language periodicals in sociology, anthropology, geography, economics, political science, and law
- Broader coverage than SocIndex
Scholarly and popular articles, government documents and reports from over 600 titles dealing with the interaction between humans and the environment.
Tracking Development Finance
- AidData is a comprehensive resource for students and professors researching foreign aid and international development.
World Bank Data
- data from over 200 countries; economics, health, energy, debt, infrastructure, development, poverty, labor, and social issues.
United Nations Data
- data areas fo countries and topics: gender, health, human development, trade, tourism, information communications technology, energy, education, and crime.
International Monetary Fund
- time series data on IMF lending, exchange rates and other economic and financial indicators
International Data Base (IDB)
- tabular data (downloadable) for countries and regions as well as demographic indicators, population pyramids and source information for countries (Census Bureau)
World Treaty Index
database spanning the 20th century. Indexes and provides citations to sources for full texts of multilateral and bilateral treaties.