Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
House of Representatives
- legislative information, members, committees, and organizations and to other U.S. government resources.
- members, committees, and leadership and support offices plus background information about legislative procedures, facilities, etc.
Biographical Dictionary of the U.S. Congress
- biographies, portraits, and bibliographies for all House and Senate members from 1774-present
- 105th Congress (1997-8) forward for official directory; short biographies of each member, by state or district, and more
Congressional Report Cards
- non-partisan reports to provide information for evaluating members of the US Congress
- newspaper of Capitol Hill since 1955, for and about the US Congress: "the three Ps: people, politics, and process."
Congress Research Service Reports
- brief subject reports requested by congressional committees
America's Historical Documents has images from a collection of core American democracy documents (National Archives).
A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation:
U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1873
Congress, Continental Congress and Constitutional Convention includes: Farrands Records, Elliots Debates, Statutes and Documents, the Journals of Congress, and the Debates of Congress
(Library of Congress)
Indian Affairs: Laws and Treaties (Kappler)
Covers U.S. Government treaties with Native Americans from 1778-1883 (Volume II) and U.S. laws and executive orders concerning Native Americans from 1871-1970 (Volumes I, III-VII).
CC Users Datatbases
Provides access to congressional and legislative information. Includes information about members of congress like voting records, addresses, etc.
Coverage: Nov. 1991 - current. This weekly publication covers the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.