Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Find these Reference Resources in Tutt Library
- Feminist Majority Foundation- The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF), which was founded in 1987, is a cutting edge organization dedicated to women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence.
- League of Women Voters Formed from the movement that secured the right to vote for women, the centerpiece of the League's efforts remain to expand participation and and give voice to all Americans. They do this at all three levels of government, engaging in both broad educational efforts as well as advocacy.
- National Organization for Women-The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States.
- National Women's Political Caucus The National Women's Political Caucus is a multicultural, intergenerational, and multi-issue grassroots organization dedicated to increasing women’s participation in the political process and creating a true women’s political power base to achieve equality for all women.
Johanna Sigurdardottir, Prime Minister of Iceland
The Guardian profiles the new PM as she prepares to steer Iceland to a new future after the recent financial collapse.
- Women, Power, and Politics - An online exhibit from the International Museum of Women
- NOW: Women, Power, and Politics - A video report from NOW at PBS.
- Center for Women in Politics - A clearinghouse of data on women in politics from Rutgers.
- National Federation of Republican Women - Founded in 1938, the National Federation of Republican Women is a grassroots political organization with thousands of active members in local clubs across the nation and in several U.S. territories, making it one of the largest and most influential women's political organizations in the country. We work to promote the principles, objectives and policies of the Republican Party; elect Republican candidates; inform the public through political education and activity; and, increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
- Women's Human Rights Resources - Provides "diverse, quality information on women's international human rights law."
Women in Politics
- Developed with the contribution of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The database is regularly up-dated to take account of new books and articles produced throughout the world on the subject of women in politics. It covers titles representing international, regional, country-by-country as well as thematic perspectives.
- Women's National Democratic Club - Welcome to the Woman's National Democratic Club, the meeting place for Democrats in the nation's capital. WNDC engages members (women and men) in public policy and serves as a forum for Democratic leaders. Club membership benefits include outstanding speaker programs with legislators, first ladies, ambassadors, authors, and other public figures—as well the opportunity to study key issues, advance public policy, serve on task forces and network with other Democrats.