You can't always use the same search strategies with different catalogs and databases.
A library catalog like Tiger typically just contains titles, authors, and subject headings.
- think broad subject terms for keywords or subject searches
- find one good books and then browse the shelves when possible
- try combining the title of a literary work and a keyword relating to a theme or subject
- add keywords to get fewer results
- remove keywords (perhaps just use the title of the work?) or try a broader keyword (the author rather than the title of the work?)
Use Tiger to find books & more at Colorado College
Tiger, the CC library catalog, will tell you what we own (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) or subscribe to (journals, databases, etc.) at Colorado College. It will not help you find articles in journals.
Databases for finding articles and more
Tiger won't help you find articles in journals and is hit-or-miss for chapters in books. For that you'll need databases.
You are most likely to get in touch with me using the "Send Email" link below. You can also call 719-389-6857 or visit my office in the Learning Commons.