Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Find Articles -- Top Classics Databases
Coverage: 1969 - current. Standard index to monographs, journals and essay collections in classics (Ancient Greek and Roman language, literature, history and religion), covering essentially all books and about 1,500 periodicals published each year in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Japanese. Citations only, in English or French. Please note: this database has been acquired by Brepolis; our previous subscription with Belles Letres
has expired. Brepolis version on trial until Aug. 14. (DW)
Coverage: late 1800's - most recent 0-10 years. Archival access to many scholarly periodicals. Some titles include current issues while others have a moving wall (full text embargo).
Find books and other resources in Tutt Library.
Find resources in libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. (Allow 3-5 days for delivery)
Find Book Reviews
Bryn Mawr Classical Review (BMCR)
The archive of the Bryn Mawr Classical Review (BMCR), which publishes timely open-access, peer-reviewed reviews of current scholarly work in the field of classical studies (including archaeology). Reviews available from 1990 to the present.
L'annee Philologique -- Tips
- "Full Text" searches the full text of the citation (and abstract, if available) -- not the full text of the article.
- Use "Modern Authors" if you want to search Classics scholars by name.
- Search "Ancient Authors and Texts" to find articles about an ancient author or text. A drop-down box will help you select the correct form.
- Combine categories in "Advanced Search" for strategic searching.
- For example, if you're looking for articles about Penelope's weaving in the Odyssey, you could try: "Ancient Authors and Texts" = Homer AND "Full Text" = weaving
Getting the Article
- L'annee Philologique has citations only
- To find the actual article:
- This will lead you to to the article (if the library has access)
- You can also use Find Journals or Citation Linker to track down an article.
- Ask a librarian if you need help!
History of science, technology and medicine
Coverage: N/A. An international bibliography for the history of science, technology and medicine, reflecting the influence of these fields on society and culture from prehistory to the present. Includes journal articles, conference proceedings, books, book reviews and dissertations.
Humanities International Complete
Coverage: 1929 - current. A comprehensive humanities database, with almost 500 full text titles and indexing and abstracting for more than 1,700 titles. Subject areas include (but are not limited to) literature, philosophy, the arts, history, culture-oriented and multi-disciplinary humanities titles with some coverage going back as far as 1929. This database replaces Humanities Abstracts.
International Bibliography of Art (IBA)
Coverage: 2008-current. Bibliographic database of international scholarly literature on western art. Subjects include fine arts in all media, decorative arts, museum studies, archaeology, folk art, material culture, classical studies, antiques, and architectural history. IBA is the successor to the Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA).
PEP-WEB: Psychoanalytic electronic publishing
Coverage: 1920 - current. Archive of classic texts and journals in the field of psychoanalysis, including Freuds collected works. PEP-WEB can search for keywords specifically within dreams, dialogs or references.
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu