Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Federal - Statutes (Public Law)
Bills that have become law are called Public Laws and can be found the U.S. Statutes at Large, in the sequential order that they were signed into law.
Once the laws have been assigned the proper subject classification, they are incorporated into the United States Code.
Bills and Legislation
Congressional Bills and Resolutions
- the GPO - 1993+ and all published versions of bills for the current congress
- Congress.gov - includes legislative history and committee reports
- LexisNexis Congressional - 1989+, includes legislative history
United States Code (USC)
- is the law "as amended" or assigned to the appropriate subject areas defined in the 50 titles of the US Code.
Resources For Colorado State
- Lexix-Nexis Academic Universe - Use State Statutes and Regulations under Search by Content Type
Laws Passed at the Session of the General Assembly of the State of Colorado
- 1879-1971 in Special Collections
- Administrative rules passed by Colorado state agencies
Colorado Economic Reports - Forecasts by calendar year from 2000+
Lexix-Nexis legal search - publications and legal materials
(in library and CC users only)
Federal and Colordo State Codes
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu