Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Check your TIGER account
Login to TIGER to see what you have checked out or to renew materials.
Browse the Shelves
Books about Asian Studies are often shelved within other subject areas, such as art, politics, and literature. Once you find a good book in the stacks, browse the shelves for similar items.
For a complete list of call numbers by subject area, check out the Library of Congress Classification Outline.
Find Books: TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat
You have access to books from three sources -- TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat:
- TIGER includes all of the books owned by Tutt Library
- Prospector gives you access to books in 22 regional libraries
- WorldCat lists library holdings nationwide
- Prospector is 3-5 business days
- WorldCat (Interlibrary Loan) takes 5-10 business days
If you have questions about any of the catalogs, feel free to ask me
or the librarians at the reference desk for help -- that's what we're
When searching TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat, try to
- Use broad keywords from your class reading to begin your search.
- Refine your searches by adding keywords.
- Click on the subject headings of interesting books to find similar materials.
- Try the Library of Congress Authorities and Vocabularies thesaurus to find variations of keywords and subject headings.
Collections & Digital Archives Librarian
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu