Tutt Library Research Guides
“What is historiography?” asked the American historian Carl Becker in 1938.
"the history of historical writing"
- the nature and purpose of historical analysis
- ways that historians have defined and approached history
- differing interpretations of specific historical events
- what history is as a discipline
- the way that a historian’s context and subjective perspective influence his or her understanding of the past
- complex and not linear progression
Historiography: an introductory guide / Eileen Ka-May Cheng
Some of the best bets for finding historigraphical review essays are listed below.