Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Best Bets for Databases
Congressional and legislative information:
- reports, documents, hearings, laws, etc.
Members of congress:
- voting records, addresses and contact info, etc.
Coverage: Nov. 1991 - current
- weekly publication covers the current and controversial issues with summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
Political Science Complete
Coverage: 1887-current. Political science database with a global scope. Contains full text for some journals, reference books, monographs and conference papers, in addition to abstracts and indexes for many journals.
Homeland security digital library
- Collection of policy and strategy related documents: policy and national strategy, presidential directives
- specialized resources: theses and research reports from universities, organizations, local and state agencies
Academic Search Complete
Coverage: 1865 - current
- extensive full text access to journals
- Subject coverage is general and broad.
Coverage: late 1800's - up to most recent years
- can limit to political journals.
Project Muse Scholarly Journals Online
Standard Collection (not all articles full text)
- limit to political journals.
Social Sciences Abstracts With Full Text
Coverage: 1983 - current
- international, English-language periodicals
- sociology, anthropology, geography, economics, political science, and law.
(Broader coverage than SocIndex.)
NBER working paper series
National Bureau of Economic Research
Coverage: November 1994 - current
- working papers focus on empirical research such as the development of new statistical measures, effects of public policy on U.S. economy, and estimating quantitative models of economic behavior.
Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- Collection of dozens of indexes to English-language publishing prior to 1930.
- Indexing coverage includes Poole's Index to Periodical Literature, 1802-1906. Index to Nineteenth century historical periodicals. Government Documents Indices include indexes to: U.S. patents, 1790-1873; U.S. government publications, 1774-1881; British House of Commons and House of Lords, 1803-1830. Indexing also books, newspapers and periodicals.
- Links to full text in other databases, HathiTrust and Google Books.