Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Find What You Need Faster
Colorado libraries (+UWY) union catalog
Government Publications GPO
GPO's catalog for historical and current publications with links to those that are available online
Library of Congress Catalog
- 14 million records for books, serials, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials, music, sound recordings, and visual materials
- 3.2 million records from an earlier database primarily for books and serials cataloged between 1898 and 1980
NARA's Archival Research Catalog
search keyword, digitized image and location searches; or by organization, person, or topic
Union catalog of libraries around the world. Use WorldCat to see what libraries have the item and to order items through Interlibrary Loan.
Defunct & Archived Searches
Public Access by Title - U.S.
MetaLib is a federated search engine that searches multiple U.S. Federal government databases, retrieving reports, articles, and citations
Census data (population, housing, economics, and government), data, tables, maps and reports
Historical digitized collections: Oral histories, letters, photographs, documents
Bureau Of Justice Statistics
Crime, criminal offenders, victims of crime, and the operation of justice systems at all levels of government; topics include victims, drugs, criminal offenders, justice system & courts, law enforcement, corrections etc.
The Clean Air Act Amendments Of 1990 1989-1991
Essential documents on the promulgation and implementation and other environmental issues including endangered species and protection of American wetlands. The 1990 CAAA was a landmark effort to reduce air pollution. Note: this collection may not display on the Archives Unbound home page. Click Browse to see all subscribed collections.
Easy to search for legislation (2001-), the Congressional Record (2001-), current member and legislation
Congressional Research Service Reports Brief (less than 50 pages), non-partisanship, in-depth analysis of public policy issues on topics under study by Congress
Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) Access to government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and business related information
Development Experience Clearinghouse DEXS USAID funded technical and program documentation, search for agency-funded technical and program-related documents
DOE Information Bridge,1990-
Full-text documents and bibliographic citations for research in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics
Energy Citations Database, 1943- Science research citations and e-documents of scientific and technical research results in disciplines such as chemistry, physics, materials, environmental science, geology, engineering, mathematics, climatology, oceanography, and computer science; reports, conference papers, journal articles, books, dissertations, and patents
Environmental Health Perspectives Monthly journal of peer-reviewed research and news from NIEHS, NIH, DoHHS
EPA Publications SearchSearch for Environmental Protection Agency publications by number or subject
ERIC DatabaseBibliographic records of journal articles and education-related materials
Fed In PrintA comprehensive index to Federal Reserve economic research, working papers and economic articles
FedBizOppsAccess for government-wide Federal procurement opportunities that exceed $25,000
FedstatsData and trend information on such topics as economic and population trends, crime, education, health care, aviation safety, energy use, farm production and more
GAO ReportsReports, testimonies, correspondence, and special publications on audits, surveys, investigations, and evaluations of Federal programs conducted by the Government Accountability Office
Homeland Security Digital LibraryCollection of policy and strategy related documents - U.S. policy documents, presidential directives, and national strategy documents as well as specialized resources such as theses and research reports from various universities, organizations, local agencies and state agencies
MapStats, United StatesUse maps to navigate the FedStats site
MedlinePlusNIH consumer health. Reliable, up-to-date information on diseases, conditions and wellness issues
NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)Current and historical technical literature back to 1994; aerospace and engineering related citations, documents, images and videos
National Archives And Records AdministrationDescription and many links to digital copies of documents, photographs and maps housed by NARA
National Climatic Data CenterNational and global data describing the US climate and records for the trends and anomalies of weather and climate
National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts DatabaseSummaries of the more than 210,000 criminal justice, juvenile justice, and substance abuse resources
National Technical Information Service,1964- Bibliographic records for US government sponsored research and select foreign governments research reports, computer products, software, video cassettes, audio cassettes and more
National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper Series, 1994-Focus on empirical research such as the development of new statistical measures, effects of public policy on U.S. economy, and estimating quantitative models of economic behavior
Popular Names Of U.S. Government ReportsSearch by short titles that appear nowhere in the document
PubMed1950s-Citations for biomedical articles; many links to full text articles and related resources
THOMAS1967-Federal legislative information: bills, resolutions, Congressional Record, schedules, calendars, committee information, Presidential Nominations, treaties and government resources
US Patent And Trademark OfficeExisting patents and trademarks or file new ones; intellectual property and inventors
USA Trade OnlineOfficial Source for merchandise trade data: current and cumulative export and import data for over 18,000 export commodities and 24,000 import commodities; trade statistics using the Harmonized System and NAICS commodity codes
USA.govBy topic with FAQs
Public Access by Title - International
- Comparable and harmonized data of the the European Union, its Member States and its partners.
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS)
- The official repository of domestic geographic names data containing information about physical and cultural geographic features of all types in the United States, associated areas, and Antarctica, current and historical, but not including roads and highways
- Homeland Security Digital Library
- Collection of homeland security policy and strategy related documents - U.S. policy documents, presidential directives, and national strategy documents as well as specialized resources such as theses and research reports from various universities, organizations, local agencies and state agencies
- International Financial Statistics
- Coverage: 1948 - current
- Provides users with time series which summarize each country's balance of payments, with collateral data on its principal components (trade and reserves), and data on the principal cause and effect elements (monetary expansion and contraction, government surpluses and deficits, production, prices and interest rates).
- OECD ILibrary
- Coverage: 1967 - current
- Books, journals, working papers, statistics, and glossaries published by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development). Users can search by country, theme, date, content type, and more. The OECD FactBook is available from 2005 to current, with data tables and graphs that can be exported to Excel. This database was formerly known as SourceOECD.
- UN Documentation Centre
- Official records, reports, resolutions, meeting records, sales publications, press releases with dates from the General Assembly, Councils, and Internation Court of Justice
- UN Statistics Division Common Database
- Coverage: 1958 - current
- Statistical compilation- contains selected data series from 30 specialized international sources, including labor, agricultural, nutritional and industrial statistics. Years of coverage vary with data series/countries selected.
- United States Patent And Trademark Office
- Search for existing patents and trademarks or file new ones. Also features information on intellectual property and inventors.
- USA Trade Online
- Official Source for U.S. Merchandise Trade Data: current and cumulative U.S. export and import data for over 18,000 export commodities and 24,000 import commodities; provides trade statistics using the Harmonized System and the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) commodity classification codes.
- World Databank
- Coverage: 1960-current
- Free databases of economic indicators including World Development Indicators (WDI), Gender Statistics, Education Statistics, Health Nutrition and Population Statistics, Quarterly External Debt Statistics/SDDS and /GDDS, Africa Development Indicators, Global Economic Monitor (GEM), and Millennium Development Goals; export statistics to Excel, and generate customizable maps and charts.
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu