Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Congressional documents @ Tutt Library
Dating from 1789:
- summaries of bills,
- House and Senate documents and reports,
- Public Laws, 1789-
- many Congressional Committee Hearing, 1965-
- After 1993, hearings were received in microfiche
- also have electronic access (via Congressional Universe)
Other Congressional publications maybe available on the Internet.
Provides access to congressional and legislative information. Includes information about members of congress like voting records, addresses, etc.
Coverage: Nov. 1991 - current. This weekly publication covers the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
– searchable titles from the government; usually mid-1990s forward
House of Representatives
- legislative information, members, committees, and organizations and to other U.S. government resources.
- members, committees, and leadership and support offices plus background information about legislative procedures, facilities, etc.
Biographical Dictionary of the U.S. Congress
- biographies, portraits, and bibliographies for all House and Senate members from 1774-present
- 105th Congress (1997-8) forward for official directory; short biographies of each member, by state or district, and more
Congressional Report Cards
- non-partisan reports to provide information for evaluating members of the US Congress
- newspaper of Capitol Hill since 1955, for and about the US Congress: "the three Ps: people, politics, and process."
Congress Research Service Reports
- brief subject reports requested by congressional committees