Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Newspaper databases with USA coverage
LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe
Coverage: 1977-current. Access to newspaper articles from around the country. Can limit to a particular state's newspapers.
Access World News: Research Collection
Comprehensive news coverage at the international, national, state and regional levels. Dates covered: varies by title; older news sources often start in 1985, but some articles date back from the early twentieth century.
Newspaper Source Plus
Coverage: 1969 - current. Full text for major U.S., regional U.S. and international newspapers, as well as full text transcripts from television and radio news. Upgraded to Newspaper Source Plus in July 2017.
Specific National Newspapers
- Online: Coverage: 1868 – 1929. “The Atlanta Constitution, historically known as ‘the voice of the new south.’ Contains first hand accounts of the Reconstruction period and post-war South” to early twentieth century. Full image and full text newspaper articles. (LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe provides text coverage from 1991 – present.)
- Online: Coverage: 1849 – 1985. The Chicago Tribune is one of the nation’s oldest continuously published newspapers. Source for prohibition debates, mercantile development of the midwest, westward expansion, Settlement House Movement – Jane Addams, Al Capone. Full image and full text newspaper articles. (LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe provides current text coverage from March 1, 2002 – present.)
Los Angeles Times
New York Times
- In Tutt Library (1852 – ):
- Current issues kept until replaced by microfilm. See TIGER catalog record for details.
- Paper index (1851 – ) is located behind the newspapers on the second floor.
Wall Street Journal
- In Tutt Library (1981 – )
- Current issues of the Western Edition are kept in paper until replaced by microfiche of the Eastern Edition. See the TIGER catalog record for details.
- Paper index (1981 – ) is located behind the newspapers on the second floor.
Collections & Digital Archives Librarian
, Art & Art History
, Book Studies
, Comparative Literature
, Film and Media
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu