Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
ProQuest Ebook Central Books
All books in ProQuest Ebook Central are available in TIGER, so you may encounter them over the course of your research. Accessing a ProQuest Ebook Central title requires creating a free account. The boxes on this page will walk you through the process.
Create an Ebook Central Account
You need to create a free account to download books in Ebook Central.
- NOTE: You must be on-campus when you register.
- Click on Sign In and then Join Ebook Central
- If you are off-campus, you will not see the link for "Join Ebook Central"
- Set your username and password
- NOTE: this is not the same as your CC single sign on, and will not update when you are prompted to change your password.
Set Up Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions is already loaded on library lobby computers and on most computer lab computers.
1.) Go to this link to setup an Adobe account. Your login information will be used to authenticate software later on.
2.) Download and install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to your computer.
3.) As part of the download process for ADE, you will be asked to authorize ADE using your Adobe account. If you are not prompted you can authorize ADE by clicking on Library then “Authorize Computer” in the drop down menu in ADE.
4.) Now that ADE is active on your computer, when you download an ebook from the Tutt Library catalog it will be saved in ADE.
5.) You may be asked to create an additional ADE account. Creating this account would allow you to sync ADE across multiple devices. You can opt out by checking the box that says "Continue without creating an Adobe Digital Editions ID". To create this account later: ADE --> Help --> Authorize Computer.
Troubleshooting & Common Problems
Problems signing in
- You won't be able to use the username and password that you use for other library resources. Instead you must create a free Ebook Central Account (see above).
- When you create your account, you must be on-campus.
- If you are away from campus (studying abroad, etc.), call the Research Services Desk: (719) 389-6662 for assistance.
PDF download is unavailable
- You may have exceeded your page allotment, check under "Availability"
- Some chapters automatically exceed the page allotment, click on "Show Subsections" to see shorter segments of the chapter available for download.
The book is in the catalog, but Ebook Central says it is unavailable
- If this happens, please contact a librarian for assistance.
Please contact the Collections Librarian, Kayla Lenkner, or the Research Services Desk if you need any assistance using Ebook Central!
Reading Online, Downloading Chapters & Copying Pages
- Opens the book in the browser.
- Here you can highlight, add notes and copy text.
- You may copy a limited number of pages (indicated on the book's entry page) every 24 hours.
- Copying a section of a page counts as copying an entire page.
PDF Chapter Downloads
- You can download and save individual chapters or book sections as a PDF.
- Click on "Download PDF"
- You may download a limited number of pages (indicated on the book's entry page) every 24 hours. If your chapter exceeds the page limit, you may download a section of that chapter.
How much can I download or copy?
- This varies depending on the book.
- Under Availability you will see the number of remaining pages you may copy and download.
- This will reset every 24 hours.
- Sign in or create an account. (see the sidebar for more information)
- NOTE: Creating an account is free, but you must be on-campus when you do. After you have created the account, you will be able to sign in on- or off-campus.
- Install Adobe Digital Editions (see sidebar) if it is not installed on your computer.
- Click Full Download.
- Note: The book's loan period can be found under the Full Download link, where it will say something like "Check out this book for up to 7 days".
- Select "own computer" or "public computer".
- You will be prompted to download Adobe Digital Editions. If you already have ADE, select "Done with this step".
- Select Download.
- You will now be able to read this book in Adobe Digital Editions, or use ADE to transfer to an e-reader.
- At the end of your loan period, the book will show as expired in your library.
- Books can be deleted from your ADE library or returned by clicking the drop down menu in the upper, left corner of the book when in ADE’s library view.
- You will not be able to access expired books, but you can check them out again.
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu