Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Urban History and Design Subject Headings
The Library of Congress uses the following subject headings for books about urban design and city planning. Your best bet is to do a subject search using these headings, but you may also want to do a keyword search too.
- Cities and towns
- City and town life
- City planners
- City planning
- City planning - Environmental aspects
- City planning - United States - Case studies
- City planning - United States - History
- Gentrification - United States
- Inner cities
- Neighborhoods -- United States
- Public housing
- Regional planning
- Residential mobility
- Sociology, Urban
- Sustainable development
- Urban beautification
- Urban communities
- Urban policy
- Urban renewal
When the materials you want are not available in TIGER or Prospector, you can search in WorldCat and request them through Interlibrary Loan.
- WorldCat lists library holdings throughout the nation
- Items usually arrive in 5-10 business days
Catalog Search Tips
When searching TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat, try to
- Use broad keywords from your class reading to begin your search.
- Refine your searches by adding keywords.
- Click on the subject headings of interesting books to find similar materials.
- Try the Library of Congress Authorities and Vocabularies thesaurus to find variations of keywords and subject headings.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Items in WorldCat can be requested through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu