Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
New Recordings/Videos in the Music Library
Just looking for a sound recording or video (DVD, etc)?
- Select AUDIO/VIDEO from the drop down box for searching.
Use an AUTHOR search to find sound/video recordings of composers and performers.
- REMEMBER! You must use Last Name, First Name when conducting an AUTHOR search!
Music 24/7! Streamed Audio...........
The Music Library provides streamed audio, available 24/7 in two ways:
- Course Audio Reserves linked from your PROWL course pages. Access is limited to students enrolled in the course.
Recordings/Videos in the Music Library
The Music Library provides a large collection of audio/video world music performances in many formats: CDs, LPs, DVDs, cassettes, and VHS videos.
See the Getting Started tab for some specific search hints.
Finding Recordings: Tiger, Prospector and WorldCat
You have access to recordings from three sources -- TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat:
- TIGER includes all of the recordings owned by campus libraries
- Prospector gives you access to media in 22 regional libraries
- WorldCat lists library holdings nationwide
- Prospector: 3-5 business days
- WorldCat (Interlibrary Loan): 5-10 business days
When searching TIGER, Prospector, and WorldCat, try to
- Use broad keywords from your class reading to begin your search.
- Refine your searches by adding keywords.
- Click on the subject headings of interesting sound/video recordings to find similar materials and more search terms.
- Try the Library of Congress Authorities and Vocabularies thesaurus to find variations of keywords and subject headings.
Think Broadly. Remember to think broadly when searching for books - that is, to realize that your specific topic will probably be treated in books that cover a broader subject.
Once you find some media relevant to your topic, use the subject headings to help you find more recordings.
Generally speaking, a Keyword Search will yield more results:
Search Examples (limited to Audio/Video drop down box):
You'll see the Subject Heading you want in the results list!
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu