Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
U.S. Data Sources
ALFRED (ArchivaL Federal Reserve Economic Data)
Chicago Fed National Activity Index - a "weighted average of 85 existing monthly indicators of national economic activity ... drawn from four broad categories of data: production and income; employment, unemployment, and hours; personal consumption and housing; and sales, orders, and inventories." Data from a precursor to the CFNAI are available at this site.
Fed In Print - An Index to Federal Reserve Economic Research.
Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED II) - time-series data for variables such as monetary aggregates, interest rates, exchange rates, banking, GDP, and consumer prices; data mostly from the 1950's onwards, some extend back prior to WWII
Federal Reserve Banks
Financial data such as interest and exchange rates, money stocks and components, debt measures, bank assets and liabilities, official reserves, household assets and liabilities, and corporate debt.
Bank Data and Statistics
- Indicators: Industrial production and capacity utilization, money stock and debt measures, aggregate reserves and monetary base, bank credit, consumer credit, interest rates and bond yields
- FRASER: Federal Reserve Archival System for Economic Research - historical economic statistics and data from a variety of publications including All Bank Statistics, Business Conditions Digest, Economic Indicators, Survey of Current Business, Business Statistics, and more.
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) - database of 18,725 economic time series.
- Liber8 -Federal Bank information, aimed at students.
- EconDISC - Data and informationlinks to the various data distribution services of the Fed
- Beige Book Archive - searchable version of the report, published eight times per year, summarizing current economic information gathered from Bank and Branch directors and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources; 1970+
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Reserve Board: Statistics & Historical Data
- Searchable databases for information on specific banks, their branches, and the industry.
- Statistical releases and historical data; selected interest rates; foreign exchange rates; U.S. reserve assets; assets and liabilities of commercial banks in the U.S.; money stock measures; consumer credit; and more.
Regional economic data (supported by the Economic Development Administration, the Bureau of the Census, and the U.S. Department of Commerce)
- excellent links to historical US and international economic data
- current and last month table, pick variables from list
- 1995 forward, monthly publication prepared by the Council of Economic Advisers for the Joint Economic Committee providing economic information on gross domestic product, income, employment, production, business activity, prices, money, credit, security markets, Federal finance, and international statistics.
Current Releases -BEA
Bureau of Economic Analysis - areas: National, International, Regional, Industry and General
International Economic Statistics (IES)
is a database from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis that provides a simplified search for worldwide economic indicators.
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu