Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
White House Blog
White House News
RSS Search and Journal Alerts
- create your own customized RSS feed or search alerts. Available for most databases including: Political Science Complete (all Ebsco databases), PAIS, LexisNexis Academic, JStor, Project Muse
Foreign Policy Association Blogs
- largest network of global affairs blogs; staffed by professional contributors (journalism, academia, business, non-profits and think tanks, the FPB network)
US News online
- C-SPAN - Listen to or watch live proceedings from the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate
- Congress in the News - Current bills and major laws recently in the news, arranged by subject
- Jamestown Foundation - "to inform and educate policy makers and the broader policy community about events and trends in those societies which are strategically or tactically important to the United States and which frequently restrict access to such information. Utilizing indigenous and primary sources, Jamestown’s material is delivered without political bias, filter or agenda."
- Justice Talking - weekly NPR radio show that tackles public policy and social issues with enlightening debates; produced by the Annenberg Public Policy Center, a think tank at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Secrecy News - Federation of American Scientists provides coverage of developments in secrecy, security and intelligence policies
- State Dept. - Daily press briefings and press releases
- USAID Press Information - News releases, speeches & transcripts, Congressional testimony
- U.S. Courts: Newsroom - News releases and other current information about the courts
- U.S. Dept. of Defense Press Resources- News releases, briefings, press avisories, briefing slides, and speeches
- WFED: Federal News Radio
FRUS (Foreign Relations of the United States) - official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions that have been declassified and edited for publication
World Press - economic and political climate of world along with how owlrd views role of US in global community
NACLA (North-American Congress on Latin America) Report on the Americas - social, political and economic issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, focuses on US foreign policy
Wake Forest University maintains a collections of Political Speeches
, audio sites, world famous orations, etc.
Newspapers - guide to what is available at Tutt Library
Coverage: 1977 - current. Use news section.
Newspaper Source Plus
Coverage: 1969 - current. Full text for major U.S., regional U.S. and international newspapers, as well as full text transcripts from television and radio news. Upgraded to Newspaper Source Plus in July 2017.
Wall Street Journal
Coverage: 1984 - current /Daily business/financial and political news and reports with global coverage.
American Journalism Review - all types (University of Maryland)
FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting)- criticism of media bias and cenorship and neglected news
On the Media - weekly events on major stories (NY public radio)
PR Watch - public relations industry and other porpagandists maipulate public information on behalf of governments and speical interests