Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Best Bets for Databases
Political Science Complete
Coverage: 1887-current. Political science database with a global scope. Contains full text for some journals, reference books, monographs and conference papers, in addition to abstracts and indexes for many journals.
Coverage: Nov. 1991 - current. This weekly publication covers the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
Provides access to congressional and legislative information. Includes information about members of congress like voting records, addresses, etc.
Ciao: Columbia International Affairs Online
Coverage: varies. Journal articles and papers relating to International Affairs.
Coverage: 1915 - current. Articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, and statistical directories about public affairs.
America, History and Life
Coverage: 19th century to present.Covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
Data Sources & Polls
Roper Center for Public Opinion iPoll
Coverage: 1935 to present. U.S. and international poll data on social issues, politics, pop culture, international affairs, and more. Replaces Gallup Brain subscription.
More database options
Academic Search Complete
- Coverage: 1865 -
- extensive full text access to journals
- general and broad academic focus
- Coverage: 1977 -
- News Section
- Legal Sections for cases and regulations
- Coverage: late 1800's - most recent 0-5 years
- Archival access to many scholarly periodicals.
- Check boxes to search within "Political Science," "Law" and "Public Policy & Administration" journals.
- Coverage: 1940 -
- ethics, social philosophy, political philosophy and theory, philosophy of law.
Project Muse Scholarly Journals Online
- Coverage: 1993 -
- full text of Johns Hopkins University Press journals
- Check boxes to search within "Business" and "Economic" journals.
- Coverage: varies; Full-text varies.
- Check "Sociology and Political Science" box to limit to journals from those disciplines.
Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- Coverage: 1200's-1930
- Collection of dozens of indexes to English-language publishing prior to 1930; Indexing coverage includes:
Poole's Index to Periodical Literature, 1802-1906
Index to Nineteenth century historical periodicals
Government Documents Indices include indexes to:
U.S. patents, 1790-1873; U.S. government publications, 1774-1881; British House of Commons and House of Lords, 1803-1830.
Indexing also books, newspapers and periodicals. Links to full text in other databases, HathiTrust and Google Books.
Web of Science
Find influential articles and track citation usage.
Find what newer articles have used the original it since it was published.
Recommended for advanced users.
A Citation Map with forward and backward views. Source: Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- note the "Cited by" links
Find the Full Text
Tutt Link checks to see if the article is available
1) in another Tutt database
2) in print (second floor)
3) through Interlibrary Loan
Tutt Link FAQs
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu