Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
Best Bets for Databases
- Coverage: Nov. 1991 -
- weekly publication
- covers the most current and controversial issues of the day
- complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- congressional and legislative information
- members of congress, voting records, addresses, etc.
Ciao: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Coverage: varies
- journal articles and papers
- Coverage: 1915 -
- public affairs
- articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, and statistical directories
America, History and Life
- 1910- current
- history and culture of the United States and Canada
- from prehistory to the present
Data Sources & Polls
World Public Opinion
- Global source of public opinion research
- international affairs and policy
World Values Survey
- worldwide network of social scientists
- values and their impact on social and political life
More database options
Academic Search Complete
- Coverage: 1865 -
- extensive full text access to journals
- general and broad academic focus
LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe
- Coverage: 1977 -
- News Section
- Legal Sections for cases and regulations
- Coverage: late 1800's - most recent 0-5 years
- Archival access to many scholarly periodicals.
- Check boxes to search within "Political Science," "Law" and "Public Policy & Administration" journals.
- Coverage: 1940 -
- ethics, social philosophy, political philosophy and theory, philosophy of law.
Project Muse Scholarly Journals Online
- Coverage: 1993 -
- full text of Johns Hopkins University Press journals
- Check boxes to search within "Business" and "Economic" journals.
- Coverage: varies; Full-text varies.
- Check "Sociology and Political Science" box to limit to journals from those disciplines.
Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- Coverage: 1200's-1930
- Collection of dozens of indexes to English-language publishing prior to 1930; Indexing coverage includes:
Poole's Index to Periodical Literature, 1802-1906
Index to Nineteenth century historical periodicals
Government Documents Indices include indexes to:
U.S. patents, 1790-1873; U.S. government publications, 1774-1881; British House of Commons and House of Lords, 1803-1830.
Indexing also books, newspapers and periodicals. Links to full text in other databases, HathiTrust and Google Books.
Web of Science
Find influential articles and track citation usage.
Find what newer articles have used the original it since it was published.
Recommended for advanced users.
A Citation Map with forward and backward views. Source: Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- note the "Cited by" links
Find the Full Text
Tutt Link checks to see if the article is available
1) in another Tutt database
2) in print (second floor)
3) through Interlibrary Loan
Tutt Link FAQs
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu