Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
FDLP Collection at CC
"Older Series of Note"
Colorado College, established as a Federal Depository Library and participated in that program since 1880, has a solid historical collection of government publications dating back to 1774.
For most department, the SuDocs is “1.1s"
ex. A 1.1:, I 1.1:, SI 1.1:, etc.
In the main stacks or in the microfiche cabinets.
Note that some only appear in the Serial Set.
Select Documents of Note
Early U.S. Government Documents
The Collection contains early publications of the US federal government.
- Search the Catalog for more detailed information on holdings and for call numbers.
- Some of these items are not yet cataloged. Use indexes and also Prospector to determine call numbers; use those call numbers to check our stacks to see if we have the item in the library.
Please ask at the reference desk for help in identifying and retrieving the documents you want.
Note that the more recent publications, especially those in series, are located in the government stack locations.
Hayden and Powell Surveys of the West (short title)
- Hayden, F.V. at I 18.1:
- Powell, John Wesley at I 17.6:
- Exploration of the Colorado River of the West at SI 1.2:C 71
Wheeler and King Surveys of the West (short title)
- King, Clarence at W 7.10
- Wheeler, George M. at W 8.5
Pacific Railroad Survey (short title)
- Serial Set nos. 760-768 (Senate copy)
- Serial Set nos. 791-800 (House copy)
- W 7.14: nos. (War Department copy)
- Maps from map volume are separate in deeper shelves at the beginning of the enclosed area.
Older Series by Department
- Bulletins, A 1.3:1 –
- Circulars, A 1.41:1 –
- Yearbook of Agriculture, A 1.10:1895 –
- North American Fauna series, A 5.5:1 – 56
- Forest Service Bulletins, A 13.3:1 –
- Forest Service Circulars, A 13.4:1 –
- USDA Soil Surveys, A 26.5:1900 – and later call numbers
- USDA Wealth Bureau, A 29.1:1892 –
Commerce, Trade, and Treasury materials
- Foreign Commerce of the U.S. and Economic Reports of other countries, 1920’s, C 18.26: and C 18.27:
- Federal Antitrust Decisions, 1890–1931, J 1.2:An 8/3/v. #
- Commercial Relations of the U.S., 1858–1902, S 4.1:
- (Treasury) Finance Report, 1815 – , T 1.1:
- Report of the Comptroller of the Currency, T 12.1:1884–1927
- Statistics of Income – Business and Personal, T 22.35:1930–
- Weather materials, C 30.25:1940– and C 30.71/5: and C 55.195:
Patents and Trademarks
- Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents, Docs Enclosed I 23.1: and C 21.1:
- Index of Patents, C 21.5/2:1933 –
- Index of Trademarks, C 21.5/3:1927 –
Defense & War materials
- Revolutionary Diplomatic Correspondence, 1775-1785, Docs Enclosed Z 2.4
- Navel Documents of the American Revolution, D 207.12:
- Official Army Registers, 1815-1893, Docs Enclosed W 3.11 and W 3.12
- War Department Annual Reports, W 1.1:1913 –
- U.S. Army in the World War, 1917–1919, M 103.9:
- World War II Histories, D 114: and D 301.82:
- Japanese Relocation Monographs, WWII, Docs Enclosed I 52.2:
- International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg Trials), M 105.2:
- Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression, W 1.2:
- U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey, W 1.71:1940’s
- Roll of Honor (soldiers buried in national cemeteries), W 39.7:1866–1871 and W 39.8:
- Documents of Disarmament, AC 1.11/2:1945–1986
- Public Health Bulletins, T 27.12:1900 – 1939
- Public Health Reports, 1939 – FS 2.7: (and later call #s)
- Vital Statistics of the U.S. Mortality Statistics, C 3.40:1909-1936, C 3.139:1937-1944 (later FS and HE)
- Current material is ED, FS for older material starting in 1945–
- Report of the Commissioner of Education, I 16.1:1878–1912
- Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, 1873–1920, I 1.1
- Report on Indian Affairs, 1875–1908, I 20.1:
Interior Department & USGS
- (USGS) Annual Reports, 1880-1949, I 19.1:
- (USGS) Bulletins, 1883–1950, I 19.3:# (1-967)
- (USGS) Monographs, 1890–1929, I 19.9:# (complete series)
- (USGS) Professional Papers, 1902–1958, I 19.16:v. 1-299
- Official Register of the U.S., I 1.25:1863–1905 and C 3.10:1909–1932
- Public Lands, I 21.5:1882–1927
- Bureau of Reclamation (western water and dams), I 27.1:1902–1949
- Yellowstone and Yosemite National Park Report, 1877–1912, I 29.6:
- Statistics of Railways in the U.S., IC 1 ste.1:1888–1902
- Report of the Commissioner of Labor, 1889– , L 1.1
- Bulletins, 1890–1917, Docs Enclosed L 2.3:v.1 – 199
- Children’s Bureau, Docs Enclosed L 5.20
- Women’s Division, L 13.3:1918- (and other later call #s)
- Immigration Bureau, Docs Enclosed L 3.7:
Library of Congress
- Catalog of the Library of Thomas Jefferson, LC 1,2:J 35/51
- Annual Report of the Library of Congress, LC 1.1:1902-
- Copyright Decisions, LC 3.3/2:1789 – 1985
- Several series, 1800’s to early 1900’s, Docs Enclosed SI
- Annual Report of the Smithsonian, SI 1.1:1853- and SI 3.1:
- Messages and Diplomatic Correspondences, Docs Enclosed S 1.1:
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1862–1899, Docs Enclosed S 1.1:
- Life Saving Service (disasters and accidents on waterways) T 24.1:1876–1914
- Selective Service Regulations, 1940’s, Y 3.Se 4:6/
- WPA Reports, Y 3.W89/2: Congress #
- American Archives, 1774-76 (colonial affairs and the American Revolution) Docs Enclosed
- Secret Journals of the Acts and Proceedings of Congress from the first meeting thereof to the dissolution of the confederation, 1775-1788 Docs Enclosed
- See tabs under US Legislation - Congressional Debate titles and Serial Set
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu