Skip to main content
Tutt Library Research Guides
REALLY AND TRULY READY TO SUBMIT?
Click HERE to begin the process.
1. Sometimes the error message is itself an error. Check Digital CC for your thesis -- it might be there!
2. Use a PC rather than a Mac to load your thesis.
3. Check your format. Your thesis must be in PDF/A format or it won't load.
4. Check your file name. If it starts with a number or contains punctuation (other than the dot before pdf), you will not able to load it.
5. If you still can't load your thesis, contact Jessy Randall. If possible, provide a screenshot of the error you are receiving, and let us know your browser and operating system.
Is your thesis ready to submit?
- Is this the FINAL version of your thesis?
- Remember: you cannot replace your thesis with a later version. Be sure you have made all edits and corrections before uploading.
- Does your thesis have a title page?
- See the tab above for a sample title page showing all the information we need.
- Has your file been saved as a PDF/A?
- PDF/A is an archival PDF format that preserves the fonts and formatting in your thesis. PDF/A files show the “.pdf” file extension. Your thesis will not load unless it is a PDF/A.
- If you need help changing your file to PDF/A, see the tab above.
- Have you saved your file with an appropriate file name?
- Your file name cannot include any punctuation or periods other than one in “.pdf”.
- Your file name cannot begin with a number.
- To submit your thesis, use your Colorado College Single Sign-In name and password.
- The system may ask you to log in more than once. This is normal.
- Navigate to your department using the list provided.
- Not all departments are included. Some departments do not participate in Digital CC. If you have questions about this, please ask your department or your Liaison Librarian.
- Enter your “Author” information.
- Your name and email will be automatically populated by our system. Please check these for accuracy.
- Select your thesis advisor. If your advisor is not on the list, choose "other."
- Select your graduation date.
- Upload your thesis.
- Enter your title. DO NOT copy and paste your title from your PDF. DO NOT type your title in ALL CAPS.
- How long is your PDF? Include the last page number of your PDF.
- If your PDF includes illustrations, graphics, or maps, please check the appropriate box.
- Select the appropriate languages.
- If you have an abstract include it here. If you are copying from your PDF, right-click and use the “Paste as Plain text” function.
- Enter at least ONE key word. (Otherwise, your thesis will not load.)
- Do not include acronyms. If you used an acronym in your thesis, please spell it out when you use it as a keyword.
- NOTE for Economics & Business students: JEL Codes are not keywords. Please include these in the section after your abstract.
- Supporting Files
- You can add up to five supporting files along with your thesis. Please title each file that you upload.
- If your file is over 500 MB please contact Matt Hartmann.
- Agree to the Honor Code and Submission agreements.
- Congratulations! You did it!
- Digital CC is an institutional repository designed to save your electronic thesis in perpetuity.
- When submitted to Digital CC, your thesis will be available to link to on resumes and job applications.
- Making your thesis Open Access on the web shares the creative work of the College with the world.
Your Department Office Assistant
The office assistant in the department of your major knows the submission policy for that department, and can help you with questions about submitting the final copy of your thesis. If you have additional questions, contact Jessy or Chris.
Electronic Thesis Contact:
Jessy Randall, Curator/Archivist x6875 or email Jessy
Print Thesis/Bindery Contact:
Chris Curcio, Accounts & Acquisitions Coordinator x6663 or email Chris
Tutt Library, Colorado College Research Help Desk: 719-389-6662, Texting: 719-387-5441, E-mail: tuttref@ColoradoCollege.edu